Sunday, June 21, 2009

Actions, not words

(I'd like to claim that the choice of title for this post indicates that I've been so busy I couldn't keep up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

In the keg: 090601 Coldwater 420

This batch turned out to be exceptionally clear after the gelatin addition. The FG was 1.016 and the flavor was pretty good, so I hope Tim will like it. It's carbing now.

To secondary: 090602 Geordie Ale

The gravity as I transferred this was 1.016. If it needs it, I'll lay the gelatin to it next Friday (I have to travel Monday through Thursday) and then keg it on Sunday. If it's clear enough it will go straight to keg on Friday.

Still brewing: 090603 Half Wit

It looks like I had some blowout on this batch. This is the one that's in the plastic bucket fermenter so I can't see what it's doing, but a blowout indicates there has been solid fermentation. This one will stay where it is until Friday or Saturday and then go straight to keg. I want to see if I can get something useful in two and a half weeks.

Controller News

Look to your left at the "F&H Live" box. I have convinced the Arduino and the laptop to which it's connected to post temperatures via Twitter. (Visit http://twitter.com/forkandhay if you want to look more closely.) I will be expanding the information in the Twitter feed as the days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment