Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More fittings

It helps to ask someone with actual experience in dealing with air lines. After a brief conversation with Richard Frazier yesterday, I think I know what I need to be looking for. Richard was kind enough not to call me a complete idiot as he explained that the reason I couldn't find a 1/4" flare female coupler is that there isn't such a thing...the connection on the female side is a three piece device with a nut that slides over a tailpiece that inserts into the tubing, with a neoprene washer to make the seal.

Armed with this knowledge, I think what I'm looking for now is:

  • Primary regulator to secondary regulator connection (step up from 1/4" to 3/8")

    • A stainless or brass 1/4" tailpiece with a 3/8" barb (ideal) or a 1/4" barb

    • The nut and washer for this tailpiece

    • A 1/4" to 3/8" inline barb coupler (unless I get the 3/8" tailpiece)


  • For each secondary regulator to keg gas line connection (step down from 3/8" to 1/4")

    • A 1/4" to 3/8" inline barb coupler (unless I get a 3/8" barb fitting, see below)

    • A stainless or brass 1/4" male flare fitting with a 3/8" barb (ideal) or a 1/4" barb

    • The nut and washer for this fitting




In the secondary to keg line connection, I can use 3/8" tees to create a manifold on either connection, prior to attaching the flare fitting.

Now the search for parts is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment