Monday, May 18, 2009

Color me baffled

I printed off a couple of SRM color charts on the high-accuracy printer at work (Tasha if you're reading this feel free to dock me for the cost).

It's hard to say what the color is. Looking in the carboy and comparing it to the chart, I am getting something like 9 on the chart I linked to yesterday. I don't think that's a valid comparison though, because I believe you're supposed to look at a sample of a particular depth against white light, and the turbidity of the liquid has an effect on what you see.

At any rate it's lighter today than yesterday so maybe there's hope for it to get closer to the 2-4 that the style standard calls for. Beer Smith predicted 4.1 based on the ingredient list. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment